Saturday, January 26, 2013

Tips for Tagging Lenses on Squidoo



I recently read several good articles about tagging lenses on Squidoo.  Prior to reading these, I had it in my head that I should be using my longtail keywords as tags.  How wrong I was!

A good rule of thumb is specific for keywords and broad for categories.  So in the case of my newest lens, Safe Winter Camping,  I used "camping", "outdoor recreation", "winter sports", etc for tags.  Very broad topics.  Tags are used internally by Squidoo to help choose what lenses show up in the related section on the sidebar.

For more reading on the topic, be sure to check out these great articles by fellow lensmasters.

I highly suggest installing the Workshop Addon from SquidUtils as it is a great help with picking good tags.  The color coded system tells you at a glance whether or not the tag you picked is a good choice.

Have any tips and tricks to share about choosing good tags for your lenses?  Share them below.  Happy Squidooing!

No comments:

Post a Comment